Attic Insulation Services
The proper amount of insulation will help keep your energy bills low. Attics are one of the simplest areas in a home to insulate, especially if you'd like to add to the insulation you currently have ("cap" your insulation).
Before you insulate or even decide whether to add insulation, visit the U.S. Department of Energy’s website to see if your current insulation meets minimum requirements. It most likely doesn't match the government recommendations.
Our attic insulation specialists will measure your current attic insulation during the Animal Entry inspections and make suggestions as to whether you should add more insulation. Many of these attic insulation materials are hard to manage. Critter Control of Kaw Valley will manage and install all insulation for you. We will also remove and dispose of any old/damaged attic insulation.
Warning: If you think you have vermiculite insulation in your attic, there's a chance it could contain asbestos. Don't disturb it. Only attic insulation contractors certified to handle and remove asbestos should deal with vermiculite insulation.
Here are some insulation tips to consider before installing any type of insulation in your attic:
- Seal all attic-to-home air leaks. Most attic insulation does not stop airflow.
- Duct exhaust fans to the outside. Use a tightly constructed box to cover fan housing on the attic side. Seal around the duct where it exits the box. Seal the perimeter of the box to the drywall on the attic side.
- Cover openings — such as dropped ceilings, soffits, and bulkheads — into attic area with plywood and seal to the attic side of the ceiling.
- Seal around chimney and framing with a high-temperature caulk or furnace cement.
- At the tops of interior walls, use long-life caulk to seal the smaller gaps and holes. Use expanding foam or strips of rigid foam board insulation for the larger gaps.
- Install blocking (metal flashing) to maintain fire-safety clearance requirements (usually 3 inches) for heat-producing equipment found in an attic, such as flues, chimneys, exhaust fans, and light housings/fixtures unless the light fixtures are IC (insulation contact) rated. IC-rated lights are airtight and can be covered with insulation.
- Make sure insulation doesn't block soffit vents to allow for attic ventilation.
- Thoroughly investigate the attic ceiling for watermarks or stains. They indicate roof leaks or lack of ventilation. Make any necessary repairs before you insulate. Wet insulation is not only ineffective but can damage your home.
- Ensure that you insulate and air-seal your attic access if it's located in a conditioned part of the house.
- You'll want to properly insulate and air seal any knee walls — vertical walls with attic space directly behind them — in your home as well.
- Finally, if you're constructing a new home or remodeling, make sure any attic decking, which provides additional storage space or a platform for an HVAC unit or hot water tank, is raised above the ceiling joists to ensure proper insulation depth. The decking then should be installed securely to the top of the raised lumber after the insulation has been installed.
Call the professionals for all your attic insulation needs!
Attic Restoration, Attic Repair & Chimney Repair Services
The wild animal(s) are gone, but now what?
Nuisance wildlife in your attic can create problems many homeowners never think of. These animals can carry ectoparasites, which after the wildlife host is evicted, may move inside the home looking for a new host — YOU!
Bed bugs, mites, ticks, and fleas are just some of the ectoparasites you need to be concerned about. Mice in the attic, bats in the attic or various other visitors are notorious for bringing these pests in.
Ask our Wildlife Management Specialists to inspect your attic and treat for these critters, after your problem species is removed.
What about the droppings they left behind in your attic? Is this something you want hanging above your head at night when you sleep? Raccoons are known for using a single spot in your home as a bathroom while using another part of your attic as their living area. This can lead to matted attic insulation and reduced “R” values, which means you continue to lose money as you continue to heat and cool your home. It can also lead to stained ceilings and unnecessary odors.
Let our attic restoration professionals remove that soiled insulation and replace it with your choice of insulation products. Our specialists can prepare insurance bids with most major insurance companies and get your attic back in shape in no time. From gutter protection, attic fan vent guards, roof vent guards, gable vent closures and soffit vent repairs, our team can do it all with one single call.
Many of these nuisance animals cause problems to your chimney as well and require professional chimney repair services. For all of your attic insulation tips, attic repair, attic restoration, and chimney repair needs, contact Critter Control of Kaw Valley!
Wildlife Prevention & Exclusion
Whether you are currently experiencing an animal infestation or you're just hoping to prevent a future problem, call Critter Control of Kaw Valley to keep your home safe from unwanted animal entry!
Professional And Proven Exclusion Services
Wildlife animals are very smart and get into your home through many areas that are not visible an untrained homeowner. Our Critter Control of Kaw Valley technicians have years of experience and training and will discover possible entry points and install methods of prevention to keep animals out! Our proven techniques are effective and proven to be successful.
Make sure you keep critters out of your home for good! Schedule an appointment with Critter Control of Kaw Valley today.
Professional Squirrel Removal
Squirrels are among the most common nuisance animals throughout the Kaw Valley area. These medium-size rodents can be noisy and cause considerable damage and/or messes when nesting or feeding on your property. Critter Control of Kaw Valley's trained experts will handle your squirrel problems in a safe, humane, and efficient manner.
Services that our technicians will provide are:
- Remove squirrels: If you've found squirrels in your attic, crawl space, garage and/or someplace else on your property, our technicians will carefully and humanely remove them. Squirrels are potentially a danger to humans since they can carry diseases and also scratch or bite when they feel threatened, so you should leave the squirrel handling to the professionals at Critter Control.
- Keep squirrels out: Once all squirrels have been safely removed from your property, the next step will be to make sure they don't return. We will thoroughly inspect your crawl space, attic, and/or other areas of concern to determine how squirrels got in or may enter in the future. Our skilled experts will then seal off all entry points to exclude squirrels. Critter Control can also inspect your home as a means of prevention if you don't currently have a wildlife problem, but want to avoid one.
- Clean up and repair the damage: Large colonies of squirrels can cause costly structural damage to your attic, garage or crawl space. They are also notorious for leaving large amounts of waste and debris. Our technicians can clean and disinfect the problem area, repair any damage and resolve other problems caused by the squirrels.
Call Critter Control of Kaw Valley today for full-service squirrel removal!
Bats in your home can be an intimidating problem to have. Are you wondering how big of an infestation you are dealing with, what damages have occurred, and how the problem will affect your family’s health? We will get rid of your bat problem using professional, effective, and humane solutions. Call Critter Control of Kaw Valley today!
Keeping Bats Out
Our technicians will use one-way doors and similar safe methods to remove all bats from your home. This allows us to remove the bats without handling them directly, as it can be dangerous to handle bats. Bat infestations increase quickly.
Our technicians have the tools and experience to be sure all bats get out of your attic, chimney, or another area of the home, and be sure that they stay out permanently.
Bat Damage Repair
Bat damage may lead to serious health problems and a smelly home. The amount of guano (bat poop) that a bat colony can accumulate can lead to histoplasmosis, ruined insulation, and terrible odors. Our trained specialists can get rid of damages and messes (including odors) created by bats. If the odors are not removed, it could potentially attract even more animals. We can get rid of bat droppings, replace soiled insulation, and much more. Trust Critter Control to repair bat damage in your home and restore your home to pre-bat state!
Our motto is "Get Them Out. Keep Them Out.” We do not consider a job completed until our prevention work has been done. We will seal points of entry to keep bats out for seasons to come. Bats are able to enter homes through openings as small as 1/4 inch, but our professional bat removal team has experience in finding all of these tricky-to-find areas and sealing them.
Get rid of bats in your home, and keep them out for good. Contact Critter Control of Kaw Valley today for long-term and effective bat control solutions!
A raccoon's opposable thumb structure, dexterity, and strength allow these mammals to be a destructive critter. They will get into any part of your home that they can access, and they can open containers and doors just like a human can. If you're facing raccoon problems in your yard, save yourself the hassle, headache, and potential danger—call Critter Control of Kaw Valley today!
How Do Raccoons Get In Homes?
Raccoons are common visitors in Kaw Valley attics. We often get calls involving raccoons in the chimney, and they often get into attics through roof access. Failures in soffits, fascia, louver, and other roof points allow raccoons to get into your home easily. Another common type of raccoon call we get involves raccoons getting stuck on roofs.
Raccoon Damage & Control Services
Raccoons are strong and clever animals that can create a serious amount of damage around your home. If they enter your attic or chimney, severe damages can be caused in a short amount of time. Critter Control of Kaw Valley is experienced in professional raccoon control solutions. Call us today for pricing information and to schedule an inspection, and learn more about raccoon problems here!
Mice Control In Kaw Valley
Mice can be frightening when seen scampering across your kitchen floor or if you hear them scratching in your walls. Mice are common throughout the country, and the Kaw Valley area is no exception, but not to worry! The trained experts at Critter Control of Kaw Valley will handle your mice problems in a safe and efficient manner. Call us today to schedule your appointment today!
Services our technicians will provide are:
- Mouse Removal: If you've found mice in your attic, crawl space, garage or someplace else on your property, our technicians will carefully trap and remove them.
- Mice often get into the smallest and hardest to reach spaces, making it difficult to eliminate them completely with over-the-counter traps and baits.
- Mice are smart enough to realize when traps have been set in their nest area, too, so it's important to call a professional who will do a thorough job.
- Mouse Exclusion: Once all the mice are safely removed from your property, the next step is to make sure they don't return.
- We will thoroughly inspect your crawl space, attic, or other areas of concern, to determine how mice got in or may enter in the future.
- Our technicians will then seal all entry points to exclude mice. Critter Control staff can also complete inspections as a preventative measure if you've never had a problem but want to avoid one.
- Clean-Up & Damage Repair: Mice aren't big rodents, but they can cause significant structural damage in your attic, garage, or crawl space as they chew and nest.
- They are notorious for leaving mass amounts of feces and debris, especially if a group is regularly breeding in your house or business.
- Our technicians can clean and disinfect the problem area, repair any damage and resolve other problems caused by mice.
Call Critter Control of Kaw Valley today to get rid of your mice problem the right way the first time! We will get them out and keep them out.