Striped skunks are the most common species throughout North America, including Kansas. These primarily nocturnal animals are capable of extensive damage, but Critter Control can help you minimize the risk of skunk damage and even repair skunk damage. The main thing people are wary of when they see a skunk is their well-known defense mechanism—their spray. A skunks spray not only has a horrid lingering smell, but it can also temporarily blind you. Once you start seeing (or smelling) the signs of a skunk problem, give Critter Control of Kaw Valley a call.
Skunk Removal Services in Kaw Valley
Critter Control of Kaw Valley hires professional technicians that know skunk behavior and how to remove skunks the right way. Some of the methods that we use to get skunks off your Kaw Valley property are:
- Live humane traps
- Blocking potential entry points with screens or vents
- Putting up fencing & securing trash bins
In addition to their vile spray, skunks have other issues that will discourage humans from wanting to approach them. Some additional problems that skunks are responsible for include:
- Carrying diseases like rabies and leptospirosis
- Causing decay of structural strength at the base of home and other buildings
- Eating important foliage on farms and in yards
- A common indication of skunk damage is damage to the garden or yard, similar to moles.
- Unlike moles, however, skunks dig holes with their sharp claws while searching for grubs, causing 3-4 inch deep holes.
Skunk Trapping & Removal
Kaw Valley residents have the potential to be sprayed if they approach a skunk. Skunks also bite and their bites can require medical care, so we recommend calling Critter Control of Kaw Valley to remove skunks from your property. Our experts will make sure skunk removal and prevention jobs are done right and in the safest, most humane way possible. Call Critter Control of Kaw Valley to schedule your skunk control appointment today.Request a Quote